Who to send a proposal to......

Subject: Who to send a proposal to......
From: "Hannah Bissell" <to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:15:02 -0500

Here's the situation.....I'm looking to do edits on some technical documents
(nothing big - just clean up the English-as-a-second-language issues).
Casual conversations have indicated my proposal will be accepted. I've
already gotten from the list advice on how much to charge and that sort of
thing. What I wonder is, who do I send this to? The company is really the US
base for a Swedish company. There are only a handful of employees. I know I
should send it to one of two people: VP of Marketing and Product Management
or VP of Global Sales. Both are essentially at the same level - the titles
are just titles as there are so few employees. The casual conversations have
been with the VP of Global Sales but the VP of Marketing and Product
Management is the one who usually makes the decisions on outsourcing. I
suspect that as time goes on and more people are hired, they will be hiring
full time technical writers to write up their new documents. If this is to
set precedent, which department would most people recommend the tech writing
team be under? I assume that would determine who I send the proposal to. As
it is now, Engineering is currently within Global Sales.

So.....who would you send the proposal to?

hannah Bissell
to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net