RE: Bringing in the leads--contract work

Subject: RE: Bringing in the leads--contract work
From: "Steve Arrants" <stephena -at- compbear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:44:06 -0800

Bruce Byfield writes:
> Strangely, I'm finding that well-crafted e-mails tend to have much
> better results; I average about 16 leads out of 100, of which
> about 6 or
> 7 lead to contracts. I'm not sure why. Off-list, someone
> suggested that
> it's because I'm in Canada, and Canadians are politer. But I
> also wonder
> if people feel more obliged to respond to e-mail than phone calls.

Probably yes, the Canadians are politer thing. (And I happen to think
that we really *are* politer, but that's just me...)
Another thing about emails--you can read them at your leisure. They
don't interrupt you directly, and you can always just keep them on file,
ready to re-read and reference when you DO need a writer (or plumber,
electrician or someone like him). I think an email is felt to be less
intrusive than a cold phone call you're not expecting.

Steve Arrants
http://www.compbear.com
"The dream was marvelous, but the terror was great.
We must treasure the dream, whatever the terror."
---Gilgamesh