RE: The place of TW theory in real life

Subject: RE: The place of TW theory in real life
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:39:08 -0600

I have noticed quite a lot of the rhetorical theories debated on Techwr-l, but most practicing writers use simpler terminology to talk about it, which pretty much mirrors the way the two communities write in general. Pay attention to the theory, but do question it. Many of the academic writers have never actually worked in the "real world," and at times it does show.