Re: Re:Best and Worst Agency Stories (more) (long)

Subject: Re: Re:Best and Worst Agency Stories (more) (long)
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:25:11 -0800 (PST)

> I am surprised to see so few reply postings to your question over the
past
> two weeks, so I thought I'd add my own $0.02.

> See the Top 10 Mistake Writers Make When Looking for Work:
> http://www.prospring.net/Resource/10_Mistakes/10_mistakes.html

Jack's "Top 10 Mistakes People Make When Looking for Work" as well as his
post is a really good summary of how to handle agencies and looking for
work. Its short, to the point, and full of good suggestions. Go read it.

I would only add one thing to his list, which I wouldn't expect to see on
anybody's "how to get a job list."

Don't be a butthead:
Just because you were the Senior Executive Master Hyper-Important Somebody
at Hotnetworkbuzzgapblast.com and helped revolutionzie the on-line
whatever industry, doesn't mean you're hot stuff today. Don't assume that
what worked in your last job will work EVERYWHERE. Be humble, be
respectful, and realize that you need to prove yourself before people will
respect your talents. Respect is earned, not given.

Andrew Plato
Senior Executive Master Hyper-Important Butthead

http://personals.yahoo.com