RE: difficult screenshot questions

Subject: RE: difficult screenshot questions
From: "Steve Hudson" <steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:59:53 +1100

#1: Download and read my Computer Art Primer from the download section on
www.wrightna.com.

#2: Work it out by division. My monitor is 36.5cm across its viewing area,
approx 14". When I run in 1152 pixels across mode, each inch has 1152/14
pixels to it, which is approx 82 dpi. My monitor is a 17". The same mode on
a 15" monitor sees a horizontal width of just under 12 inches, which changes
the perceived res to 1152/12 or 96 dpi exactedly.

Now, to answer your question, I am missing one vital bit of information:
what res are your finals to end up in? Screen res or print res? Calculate
the required dpi, then multiply that by the length of your side and that
gives the number of pixels you want to capture. Eg if its REALLY is 120 dpi
(which I doubt) 5.25" x 120dpi = 630 pixels per side.

Is not so hard when ya get used to it:-)

Steve Hudson , HDK List MVP
Wright Technologies Pty Ltd (Aus)