Re: Font substitution - umlauts subbed ok?

Subject: Re: Font substitution - umlauts subbed ok?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:57:59 -0800 (PST)

> I'm having some english framemaker 6 files translated into german
> but our
> translators don't have our font on their PC (Rotis) - and they
> don't want to
> buy them (and we don't want to buy them for them either as they're

I'd guess that the translators are charging you substantialy more
than $150 for the job. Seems that you are willing to jepordize many
multiples of the cost of the font for results that you are going to
be suspect and if you do use a substitute font, spend more than that
just to verify that the errors that you gave don't appear.

Isn't this cutting the nose....

Sounds more of a case of who will blink first rather than an issue of
the cost of the font itself.

As far as the service buying the font, whether they do or not, you
pay for it...either in extra labor or they pass the cost to you built
into the job.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer

Find a job, post your resume.