Hyperlinks in Word 2000

Subject: Hyperlinks in Word 2000
From: "Nealon, Jessica" <Jessica -dot- Nealon -at- McKesson -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 12:13:51 -0500

Has anyone fiddled with this tool? I went through a cross-reference fiasco
with Word 2000 and inserting a hyperlink appears to work without the
bookmark problem. "Appears to work" is the operative phrase here. Please
let me know if there are problems with this one before I get too excited.

I am talking about inserting a hyperlink to places within the same document,
not between documents.

The only problem that I can see so far is that if you click the link in
Word, it turns purple, and then remains purple in the PDF. That can be
fixed relatively easily. I just need to know if the hyperlinks will make my
document go berserk or spontaneously burst into strings of HTML code.

BTW, for anyone who remembers the cross-reference problem, the MS
Knowledgebase acknowledges that cross-references are a known bug in Word
2000. Someone sent me a custom-coded macro to create bookmarks that should
be in the archive for any of you having the same cross-reference problem.

Regards,

Jessica Nealon
Technical Writer
Paragon Product Assurance Group - CLT
> McKesson Information Solutions, Inc

> and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
> message.

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr