RE: Technical review of documentation?

Subject: RE: Technical review of documentation?
From: "Dan Hall" <dhall -at- san-carlos -dot- rms -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 07:41:44 -0600

LOL!

"Training developers to do good reviews is like training cats
to walk on a leash..."

My wife and I spent 6 month trying to get our cat to do this.
It was hilarious and frustrating at the same time.

Procedure:

1. Get leash
2. Grab cat
3. Attempt to put leash on cat
4. Chase cat around house
5. Crawl under bed
6. Grab cat
7. Put leash on cat
8. Place cat on floor

At this point the cat will promptly roll
onto its back and start attacking the leash.
This is standard cat behavior, and should be
expected. This will inevitably lead to a
situation where cat and leash become
hopelessly tangled.

The only way to get the cat to go anywhere
while attached to the leash is to drag it.

9. Give up after 20 minutes or so.
10. Wait 24 hours, then repeat.

Sometimes we'd be laughing so hard we'd have to stop trying.

Dan

Have something to say, and say it as clearly as you can.
That is the only secret of style. -- Matthew Arnold

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr