RE: Electronic Document Transfer

Subject: RE: Electronic Document Transfer
From: Paul Newbold <paul -dot- newbold -at- lightworkdesign -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 17:06:42 -0000

Bryan,

1. if you've got acrobat 5 (the full product not just the reader) then you
can save pdfs in a very secure form such that edits can't happen and save as
or copy don't work (although as the adobe vs dmitri skylarov case shows the
security can be cracked if someone's determined enough - but I suppose you
could say that about anything!).

2. Can't advise re legal liabilities.

3. If selling manuals is a major revenue stream then yes, but we save money
on in-house print costs by giving them docs in pdf form (our docs are an
overhead not a revenue stream).

You can also index your sets of pdfs so that they are globally searchable by
the user, or deliver them via the web etc.

Hope this helps.

Paul Newbold
LightWork Design
Shefield, UK