Re: Professional references online?

Subject: Re: Professional references online?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 12:18:09 -0800

Laurie Cavanaugh wrote:

I'm thinking of including a link to a page of letters of recommendation from references whom an interviewer would normally telephone.
I think there's something to be said for having anyone interested in the references contact you. That way, the referees are less likely to be bothered by casual inquiries. Also, if a potential employer has to contact you, you can start to show a bit of what you're like by how you respond, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

"And still they stand triumphant and immense,
The silent lines of marble monuments,
And soon the writhing seas will cease to writhe,
The specks of gray ash float to rest, and there will be
Perfect peace...complete calm...the maximum of - Order."
- Leon Rosselson, "The World Police"

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr