Re: More Unions

Subject: Re: More Unions
From: "Steve Arrants" <stephena -at- compbear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:00:23 -0800

From: <jcredland -at- avaya -dot- com> wrote:
> Because, as a rule, unions will defend all members for "wrongful"
dismissal
> claims without first checking to see whether the dismissal qualifies as
> "wrongful".

Is there concrete evidence for this, or is this one of those "everybody
knows this is true" sort of things?

I don't mind reading opposing data--heck, it has sometimes made me look at
an issue and
change my mind (cf. Andrew Plato posts)--but if we're going to discuss
something as important
and as emotinally charged as "unionization", please, folks--let's try and
stick to facts.

steve arrants
http://www.compbear.com Certified Cruelty Free
"The dream was marvelous, but the terror was great.
We must treasure the dream, whatever the terror."
---Gilgamesh

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/publish/default.asp