Re: WebHelp Display Problem

Subject: Re: WebHelp Display Problem
From: Iggy <iggy_1996dp -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 06:12:26 -0800 (PST)

WebHelp uses Java and Javascript to implement the TOC
and such. If the users don't have a browser that
supports Java and scripting, or they have disabled it
in their browsers, or if the server doesn't allow
scripts and such to be run, the users won't be able to
use the WebHelp navigation.

> At my office, we use RoboHelp Web Help, generated by
> RoboHelp 2000, for some
> in-house documentation, implemented via an Intranet
> site. This is used on
> three continents and in New Zealand. One of our
> offices has had two people
> have problems viewing one of the Web Help items;
> when they try to open it,
> the TOC/Index/Search frame is blank, but they can
> see the introduction page.
> Other users at other offices have no problems -
> occasionally, other users at
> the same office don't have problems, either.
>
> I've asked RoboHelp tech support about this, and
> they haven't had any
> substantial/helpful reply. Apparently, it's got
> something to do with the IE
> version being used to view it, and something to do
> with the way the office
> trying to read this has set up their web security.
> Our own main systems guy
> is at a loss.

http://personals.yahoo.com

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/publish/default.asp