RE: Technical Writing Union

Subject: RE: Technical Writing Union
From: "Dugas, Andrew" <ADugas -at- eTranslate -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:11:02 -0800

Companies use collective clout to get benefits all the time, whether its
advantageous legislation or steep discounts on materials.

Andrew Plato calls that free market.

A bunch of people use collective clout to increase wages, improve working
conditions, and have free self-serve hot coffee available.

Andrew Plato calls that communism.

Why shouldn't corporations and individuals (collectively or otherwise) be
able to use the same tactics?