RE: ScreenShot Management

Subject: RE: ScreenShot Management
From: "David Demyan" <dbdemyan -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:58:40 -0400

Cedric asked:

>>Does anybody know an efficient method for managing screenshots?
>>My problem is the following:
>>- I have hundreds of screenshots to manage,
>>- Each time I need to illustrate a part of the product I'm
>>documenting, I cannot remember if a screenshot for this part
>>has already been taken or not.

Cedric, assuming you do not not want to invest in a costly
content management system, you might consider using a product
that shows thumbnails of your screen shots. One such is
SnagIt from TechSmith. Using the Catalog tool, you can check
variable size thumbnail previews before loading the one you
want.

PS: I work for TechSmith as their help author.

Dave Demyan
Mendem Concord, Inc.
http://www.mendem.com