RE: Auto

Subject: RE: Auto
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <SGallagher -at- akonix -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 16:48:45 -0700

Ellen,

Specifying "auto" in space before or after instructs Word to
use an appropriate value based on the line spacing of the
paragraph and the size of the font. So, if your text is 10pt
and your line spacing is 12pt, space before is probably 12pt.
To tell for sure, you'd have to measure with a printer's rule
or call MS and find the programmer who coded Format Paragraph.

I don't think I'd worry about minutia like space between
paragraphs. No one with half a brain would require you to
shadowbox the two documents to prove that they're identical.
You probably couldn't come that close anyway, no mater how
micro-specific you are. Just use an appropriate value.

HTH!
-Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- akonix -dot- com

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/