RE: Picking a new software skill

Subject: RE: Picking a new software skill
From: "Swallow, William" <WSwallow -at- courion -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 20:09:45 -0400

I say if you got it, why the hell not learn it? Photoshop is used fairly
widespread, and obviously not just for tech writing. One profession that
immediately screams into my head is web authoring/design. Most of us seem to
be morphing into that field anyway, as web delivery continues to ooze its
way into the tech writing profession.

So yeah, go play, have fun, and learn. Might also be time to get yourself a
plot at geocities or some other free web community and practice some HTML as
well while you're at it. :)

Check out the Adobe User to User Forums on their web site for Photoshop info
(some good FAQs and tutorials up there). Check out Builder.com for some good
HTML authoring info as well.

Good luck! Play hard! Have fun!

*****************
BILL SWALLOW
Technical Writer
C O U R I O N C O R P O R A T I O N
1881 Worcester Road
Framingham, Mass. 01701
T E L * 508-879-8400 x316
F A X * 508-879-8500
www.courion.com
THIS EMAIL CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
MEANT FOR THE INTENDED RECIPIENT ONLY. PLEASE
DELETE THIS IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT IN ERROR.