RE: Techwriters of the World: Unite!

Subject: RE: Techwriters of the World: Unite!
From: "Swallow, William" <WSwallow -at- courion -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:30:15 -0400

Don't be a martyr on my account! Feed your family!

I can relate though. This past spring, a contracting agency contacted me for
a client who was looking for a WebWorks Publisher expert to help them get a
help system out the door. They wanted $30/hr on 1099. Needless to say, I
never took their offer, and I'm sure they never got their expert (though
they may have gotten a warm body).

Yes, the dropping rates makes me ill. Kinda happy I'm a FTE. Actually, very
happy I'm a FTE. But, if you want to remain fed and warm in the coming
months, you gotta take what they're offering, for now. Hopefully things will
turn around again and we can all afford those $500,000.00+ homes they're
building everywhere these days.

*****************
BILL SWALLOW
Technical Writer
C O U R I O N C O R P O R A T I O N
1881 Worcester Road
Framingham, Mass. 01701
T E L * 508-879-8400 x316
F A X * 508-879-8500
www.courion.com
THIS EMAIL CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
MEANT FOR THE INTENDED RECIPIENT ONLY. PLEASE
DELETE THIS IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT IN ERROR.