Re: TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES

Subject: Re: TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES
From: Aruna <aruna -dot- r -at- india -dot- sun -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:18:19 +0530

Hi all.

While I am completely horrified by the shocking act of terrorism on
Tuesday, I can't help thinking that India has been suffering cross
border terrorism for so long and I'm yet to see a mention of the
constant sufferings of our country on this esteemed list!

When a bomb blasted Bombay last year and so many people died, there was
hardly any noise about it.

Kashmir - still paying for other people's mistakes. I am yet to see any
sympathy on any list yet.

Is America so damned untouchable that one attack of terrorism has
everybody sobbing on everybody else's shoulder? Don't get me wrong, I am
truly horrified too. No country deserves this. But wake up, guys! This
is happening everywhere. Watch kids fighting. The little ones often get
hurt. The bully rules. But sometimes, the big bully also gets hurt. This
is inevitable.

Life is precious and that holds good for people of all countries and
races. Why is it so earth shattering only when American lives are lost?

America has funded Pakistan liberally, to establish itself as a nuclear
power, which power, unfortunately, has been unleashed on poor
neighboring India. America is aware of the price India has had to pay
for its interest in Pakistan. Does no one ever realize this?

Terrorists have sent back mutilated Indian soldiers minus their
essential organs. Did any of you know this? Close to a hundred die EVERY
DAY due to terrorism here. Do you guys know this? The sheer drama of the
WTS attack and its impact on the world economy has got everyone
paralyzed. But as far as terrorism induced loss of life and
infrastructure goes, the loss Americans are suffering now is nothing
compared to what some other Nations have been suffering for ages now.

Don't flame me because I brought this up. I just want you people to
become aware that terrorism is an evil beyond measure. And the next time
you read a tiny column in the New York Times, mentioning that day's
death toll in Kashmir, spend a couple of minutes in thought. Try to do
something about it, like educating others. Don't go on to the next
column just like that.

If this ghastly event achieves anything at all, then let it bring global
awareness of terrorism. No one, I repeat, no one, is too good, or too
special in this world. We are all vulnerable to evil, as long as we stay
in our little shells.

If all the sane countries would unite against terrorism, we can see our
towers standing for ever and still have this world intact for our future
generations!

Jai Hind!

aruna