Contractor Rates

Subject: Contractor Rates
From: "Antonio Fante" <antoniofante -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 13:31:06 -0700

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the world of contracting and have not been able to find much help on contractor rates from the STC salary survey.

I'm have two years experience as a tech writer in the Vancouver, BC area. This experience largely comes from a permanent position. I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how much this market would bear in terms of rates. Specifically, I'm interested in how much I might be able to charge on an hourly basis.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

"Little steps, big hills."

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: