Re: TOOLS: Word - Table Formatting Macro

Subject: Re: TOOLS: Word - Table Formatting Macro
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 06:54:02 -0600

You can also set up relatively complex STYLES in Word, and apply them to
individual cells, rows, columns, or the entire table. These Styles CAN be
stored in templates (.dot files), and can be re-used and modified quite
easily. They can include fonts, borders, justification, shading, etc.

After you've created these Styles, you can also set up Word to allow you a
choice of Styles to choose from simply by right-clicking within a cell.
The setup for this trick is tedious, but it really speeds things up in the
long run. When it's all set up, you put your cursor in the cell,
right-click, and a menu appears with a list of Styles. You select the
Style you want, and the cell takes on that format. Contact me offline if
you'd like instructions, or search the archives - I learned this trick
from this list.

I have about 8-10 preconfigured table Styles set up in my most frequently
used template, and can usually beat tables into submission quite quickly.

Hope this helps!

-Keith