RE: Online Help System / Single Source Doc

Subject: RE: Online Help System / Single Source Doc
From: "Glenn Maxey" <glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:04:31 -0600

Your statement "import it to FrameMaker" confuses me. I mean, if FM is
your source, then there is no import step.

Hence, the implication here is that the source is not FM but something
else, probably Word.

I still don't see this as problematic. From my experience, Word
documents received from others are often very chaotic. Not only can they
_not_ be used as is as part of a larger document, but they probably have
major problems in and of themselves. That is to say, the author wasn't
fully versed on styles and how to define them to control the document.
The end result is that I re-work the document anyway.

If I'm going to have to re-work the document anyway, then I might as
well import it to FM. That way when I'm finished, I'll have something
that I can maintain.

Glenn Maxey
Voyant Technologies, Inc.
Tel. +1 303.223.5164
Fax. +1 303.223.5275
glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com