Update - New Question - Email in HTML File for Feedback.

Subject: Update - New Question - Email in HTML File for Feedback.
From: "Anton Coetzee" <CoetzAJ2 -at- telkom -dot- co -dot- za>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:28:28 +0200

Done that all - Spoke to IT ( Our IT is all young guys - Microsoft )-
and others whom " All gave a blank stare after a initial expression of
horror crossed there face " when hearing the question.

I am busy looking into the GroupWise - Mailto situation. Thanks for
that advice.

>>> "Dan Hall" <dhall -at- san-carlos -dot- rms -dot- slb -dot- com> 08/16/01 02:17PM >>>
Anton,

My last job involved some work with GroupWise, and I think that it's
not
going to be simple. In fact, I think that what you're trying to do
might not
technically be possible. The e-mail client has to be specified in the
browser settings. (In IE, see Tools>Internet Options>Programs to see
what I
mean) That's what makes the mailto link work. So, unless you could get
IT to
change those settings on each individual computer...

Beyond that, I don't even know if GroupWise supports mailto.

It doesn't look good. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Dan

Dan Hall
Sr. Technical Writer
SchlumbergerSema GTSRN

All the opinions, errors, sarcasm, and wit (if any) expressed in this
e-mail are solely mine. SchlumbergerSema takes neither credit nor
blame