RE: Biggest salary cut you've taken?

Subject: RE: Biggest salary cut you've taken?
From: "Swallow, William" <WSwallow -at- courion -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:47:27 -0400

I took the cut for a couple of reasons.

1. My family wasn't happy in CT. We had to travel a good deal to see the
majority of our friends and family, and being the lone bread winner, I had
to commute a good deal for my job in order to put my family in a decent
apartment.

2. The pay rate in NY was significantly lower than most other places at the
time (for tech writers). It's since improved, but that doesn't say much when
jobs are few and far between (these days).

3. I was fed up with my work situation in CT, and the company in NY seemed
perfect for me (and was - still get together regularly with those I've
worked with there).

4. The cost of living was so low in NY that I knew I could afford it at the
time.

*****************
BILL SWALLOW
Technical Writer
C O U R I O N C O R P O R A T I O N
1881 Worcester Road
Framingham, Mass. 01701
T E L * 508-879-8400 x316
F A X * 508-879-8500
www.courion.com
THIS EMAIL CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
MEANT FOR THE INTENDED RECIPIENT ONLY. PLEASE
DELETE THIS IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT IN ERROR.