Re: Help!!!!! I don't know where to start

Subject: Re: Help!!!!! I don't know where to start
From: "Marc A. Santacroce" <santacroce -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 18:47:31 -0700

At 4:30 PM -0400 8/15/01, HUDSPET -at- Nationwide -dot- com wrote:
>... how intimidated do you get each time you're confronted with a
>new project, and how do you handle it?

__________

Speaking for myself, I think technical writing combines a love of the
written word with a curiosity of all things technical. That means we are
always reaching beyond our current knowledge, and yes, I am a bit
intimidated at the start of each project.

I think the key is to break the task into manageable pieces, and, I
think,don't spend too much time researching, but start writing. You're goal
is not to get as start as the SME (I know I'll get arguements over that),
but to make the materials useful to the end user.

Welcome to the group, best wishes,

Marc

-----
Marc A. Santacroce

Owner, Senior Technical Writer
ePubs, Inc.

santacroce -at- earthlink -dot- net
925-518-0013

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.
For, indeed, that's all who ever have."

Margaret Mead