RE: Job Market - Same or Worse Than Before DotCom Mania?

Subject: RE: Job Market - Same or Worse Than Before DotCom Mania?
From: "Cook, Jenise" <jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:27:57 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Byfield [mailto:bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com] Many companies seem to
post to their web page, and wait for candidates to come to them. I wonder if
this is a simple filter: to find these jobs, you have to have enough
initiative to strike off on your own, and not simply rely on the job sites.

Bruce, your wondering is based on actual intention. From my HR years, I've
learned about companies that still value employee loyalty, for the very long
haul. They only post jobs on their Web pages because they want candidates
who are (a) very interested in their industry (and have experience in it),
and (b) very eager to work for ACME Corp. above its competitors.

You hit the nail on the head!

Jenise