word changes fonts + old thanx

Subject: word changes fonts + old thanx
From: "Cayenne Woods" <cwoods -at- purplevoice -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:43:38 +0100

Hello all

I've got a document that changes fonts on other machines (even with the same
version) and so changes where pages break and other nasty things. Also the
formatting of inserted pictures changes, going off the page etc. This happens in
identical versions of Word (Office 2000), tho some of it's when opening in
Word97.

I'm forced to work with Word, unfortunately, for many documents. I usually pdf
them, and this is partly why, but our Ops guy needed a version to change if he
needs to. Any tips on how to control what £$&*( microsoft "£$%^&*() does to my
docs??
thx

Thanks also to all for your help a while back, when I was griping about having
to make up documentation for extremely fluid software that I hadn't seen. I now
will get a whole 2 days with the next software before it goes to QA (well, it's
a start, and for this bit it should be plenty). One of the strong arguments for
actually giving me the software, instead of explaining what it might do/look
like, was that I test things in a way nobody else does, which is much more how
the user will bang on it.

It was also helpful to hear that this situation is not usual in any way, even
tho I knew it. We have absolutely no documentation - design or functional specs
- no plan, and the developers are not good about keeping track of what they're
doing, so I only know something's changed by digging around in the software and
finding a new interface or function. So two days is a big step forward - and
I'll probably do it in one, but just having made the point....

thanks again, and for any help on this Word issue(s)
Cayenne

This communication contains information which is confidential
and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s). Please note that any distribution, copying
or use of this communication, or the information in it, is strictly
please notify us by email or by telephone (+44 20 8848 6644)
and then delete the email and any copies of it.

This communication is from Purple Voice Ltd., whose principal
office is at Dawley Road, Hayes, Middlesex, England.

checked for the presence of computer viruses.