Re: From TWer to QAer and tester

Subject: Re: From TWer to QAer and tester
From: Megan Golding <mgolding -at- secureworks -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 15:12:07 -0400

Bill McClain wrote:
> Have any of you Whirlers had to adjust to doing QA? Can you point me
> toward resources, online and otherwise, that will be useful in helping
> me understand my new field better? Do you have any worthwhile war
> stories or cautionary tales?

Bill,

I worked in QA for a while at a software company and can share some tips
with you. The transition to QA wasn't bad...many of the skills I use to
write came in handy in QA. Here are a few things I learned:

1. http://www.softwareqatest.com/
2. _Managing the Testing Process_ by Rex Black
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/073560584X/qid=997383259/sr=1-1/ref=sc_b_1/102-6473054-0444908)
3. http://www.qaforums.com/
4. _Software Project Survival Guide_ by Steve McConnell
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1572316217/qid=997384241/sr=1-1/ref=sc_b_1/102-6473054-0444908)

Good luck! Feel free to contact me off-list with any specific questions
you may have.

Meg

--

Megan Golding (mgolding -at- secureworks -dot- net)
SecureWorks, Inc..