From TWer to QAer and tester

Subject: From TWer to QAer and tester
From: "Bill McClain" <bmcclain -at- ibss -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 13:43:00 -0400

At my new project, I now have to pinch-hit as a software QA tester, and
the field is totally new to me. I don't know what I don't know but
*should* know to be able to create test plans and test software
effectively. The project manager is counting on leveraging my hard-won
expertise (ummmyeahright) to use in designing and executing effective
and comprehensive tests of the software's functionality.

Have any of you Whirlers had to adjust to doing QA? Can you point me
toward resources, online and otherwise, that will be useful in helping
me understand my new field better? Do you have any worthwhile war
stories or cautionary tales?

Pls respond ONLY to the list, which I receive as a digest.

Thanks very much,

Bill McClain