Re: Vector graphics?

Subject: Re: Vector graphics?
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 08:58:20 -0500

This makes twice in one year I've found something to correct is Geoff's
post. (You're slipping, old sod.)

Actually, most OCR programs today will accept bit-mapped images, such as a
screen capture, and work their text identification wonders on them. So, if
that's what you're after, you can make two passes with the graphic. One
through an OCR program to glean the text, and a second through a tracing
program, such as Streamline, and get text and vector graphics out of it.
It's worth the effort under some circumstances; your call as to whether
it's worth it on this project.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224