RE: Vector Graphics

Subject: RE: Vector Graphics
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:23:45 -0400

The primary problem is that screens display bitmap information. Thus, you
can only take a screen capture of a bitmap. Using CorelDRAW, or some other
vector-illustration package, you can convert the bitmap to vector. However,
you are stuck with the finite number of pixels and limited information
contained in the screen you originally capture. The fonts, as displayed on
screen and captured by you, exist as pixels. You do *not* capture font
metrics or font display information, you only capture pixels.

So, yes, sure you can convert your bitmaps to vector. However, the utility
of such an exercise is constrained by what your starting point is.

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com