RE: Salary issues

Subject: RE: Salary issues
From: "Kristen" <kristen -at- write-connection -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:30:09 -0700

You make some excellent points. I know many recruiters that I would not
trust further than I could throw them. I think a key factor (as I have
mentioned before) is finding a recruiter that knows what you do. I don't
think a general IT recruiter is going to fully understand what you do -
therefore, they will have no idea how to represent you. Find a recruiter
that understands the importance of documentation. I say "find" because they
are out there. Most of them make themselves available on the Web. I search
for quality technical writers and editors every day. I am willing to pay
for quality - even if I have to sacrifice some payment on my end. The truth
is, I would rather find a quality candidate and make less money due to the
higher pay rate because the client will be pleased and call me again. There
is no point in paying a senior technical writer $30-35/hour to do a poor
job. The client will never call again.

Kristen Leduc
Staffing Services Manager