RE: Salary issues

Subject: RE: Salary issues
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:15:51 -0700 (PDT)

--- Kristen <kristen -at- write-connection -dot- com> wrote:
> think there
> are recruiters with integrity out there. You just have to find
> them.

Kristen...just like some good recruiters are lumped in with the chaff
and you have an issue with those of us who don't sift through it, we
have an issue with recruiters who go for the lowest priced humans who
think they are tech writers (the ones who say "YEAH! I can be a tech
writer...I have WORD!) instead of pushing for the most qualified
rather than the ones where they can get the biggest margin.

I got a call from one of them who quoted $40/hr for a position that
required 5+ years AND expertise in Frame and Illustrator. When I said
that I had the skill but I wanted at least $55, she asked "Do you
know of annyone I could get cheap?".

>You just have to find them.

Just like the qualified writers are fighting to get your attention,
to prove why we are good, you need to try and get ours, to prove to
us WHY you are better. We are TRYING to get your attention... you
should be TRYING to find us...not us find you.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"I am a bomb disposal expert. If you see me running, try to keep up."

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/