RE: Spelling out, was Acronyms

Subject: RE: Spelling out, was Acronyms
From: sguttman -at- semantix -dot- com (Susan Guttman)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:20:29 -0400

According to Whatis, "Technology Without An Interesting Name" is an urban
legend. Too bad, I really liked it!

"In several accounts, TWAIN was an acronym developed playfully from
"technology without an important name." However, the the TWAIN Working Group
says that, after the name chosen originally turned out to be already
trademarked, an 11th hour meeting of the group came up with TWAIN, deriving
it from the saying "Ne'er the twain shall meet," because the program sits
between the driver and the application. The name is not intended to be an
acronym. "

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci213232,00.html

Bill S.

John Posada:

I didn't know that! Way Cool...it just replaced Billy Gates' GWBasic
standing for Gee Whizz Basic as my coolest acro.