Newbie seeking employment

Subject: Newbie seeking employment
From: sarashay -at- ivillage -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 9 Jul 2001 08:53:41 -0700

Hello! My name is Sheila O'Shea and I've recently come across this list while searching for a new job now that I've joined the ranks of the downsized. I'm fairly new to the world of tech writing, having gotten my previous job with no prior tech writing experience. I learned the basics pretty quickly, though, and racked up a full year of experience at a nice little software company before my position was cut in anticipation of a merger.

So I'm back out on the streets and I'm trying to figure out what to do next. I was wondering if I would do better to sign up with some contractor placement firm and do a few short-term things while I'm looking for a permanent situation. Can anyone give me any pros/cons/suggestions for getting contract work?

Thanks!

S. O'S.

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life
http://www.ivillage.com