RE: Word scrolls too fast?

Subject: RE: Word scrolls too fast?
From: "Richard Smith" <Richard -dot- Smith -at- windriver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:24:50 -0700

> You can also do noncontiguous selections in Word, but I haven't
> tried doing
> this because I find it more confusing than helpful in the
> majority of cases.

Or, a shortcut I find indespensible:
1.place cursor at beginning of desired selection
2.scroll down to end of desired selection and BEFORE clicking,
3.press and hold shift key
4.Click mouse to place cursor at end of selection

This will select evereything between the original cursor position, and the
second place you clicked. Very easy, and perhaps fewest keystrokes of all.
Even works in unixland too (most of the time).

-Richard