RE: What is This Functionality Called?

Subject: RE: What is This Functionality Called?
From: "Cook, Jenise" <jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 16:47:08 -0700

Hi, Carol Anne: From one life insurance tek writer to another (congrats on
your FLMI and CL!)... we had a similar field, and we used the term
"auto-populated." What do you think about this?

========== brilliant tek writer suggestion (it's Friday before a holiday
weekend in the U.S. ============

The State field has an auto-population feature that allows you to scroll
through a drop-down list of states by typing the first letter of the state
name. The following steps provide an example of this feature.

1. Type M.

The field displays the first state name that begins with M.

2. Type M again.

The field displays the second state name that begins with M.

Continue typing M to scroll through the list of names that begin with M
until you find the state name you need.

(Then, say something about how to populate the field with the desired state
name, such as pressing ENTER, if that's what the program does.)

========= no applause, just send money

This example may be too simplistic. You know your audience and can adjust
accordingly. Hope it triggers some ideas on your end. Good luck!

Jenise Cook-Crabbe (studying for FLMI)
Sr. Technical Writer
Field Training, Client Services
Pacific Life Insurance Co.
jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com
Opinions are mine and mine alone,
and do not reflect my employer's opinions.