RE: Opening .exe from .chm file

Subject: RE: Opening .exe from .chm file
From: "Leslie Johnson" <lesliej -at- microsoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:55:45 -0700

David, re: "opens my .exe file in another directory": sorry about
that...I wasn't very clear. I'm sure this is a really common situation,
where there are multiple setup.exe files for a product, and they live in
separate directories, as does the .chm file. I'm trying to open the
setup.exe files in those remote directories from the .chm file, in a
Documents directory.

In fact, one question I have is what syntax you would use to point to an
.exe in a directory that's named with a long file name that uses spaces
(in this case, the specific location is "Url Encrypt Object/setup.exe").
So far, I have:

<Object id=type="application/x-oleobject"
classid="clsid:adb880a6-d8ff-11cf-9377-00aa003b7a11"
codebase="hhctrl.ocx#Version=4,74,8702,0"
width=100
height=100>

<PARAM name="Command"value="Shortcut">
<PARAM name="Button"value="Text:Click to open Setup.exe">
<PARAM name="Item1"value=",setup,../URL Encrypt Object/setup.exe,">

</Object>

When I compile & click the button, I open a Usage error for the Windows
2000 Setup executable. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Leslie