Re: Salary bell curve: on the downside

Subject: Re: Salary bell curve: on the downside
From: Martha J Davidson <editrix -at- nemasys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 14:22:56 -0700

A couple of days ago, Bruce Byfield wrote:

The heady times of last year are over, but my sense of the job market is
that, for experienced writers, work is still there. It's not as
permanent, doesn't have as many benefits, and often isn't as
interesting, but it's still there.

That's been my experience. Just over two weeks ago, I was laid off
and I had several interviews, and a job offer (which I have accepted)
within a week.

Economy notwithstanding, this has been the shortest job search in
my history.

martha

--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances with Words

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
If I am only for myself, what am I?
If not now, when?"
--Hillel, "Mishna, Sayings of the Fathers 1:13"