How to Start?

Subject: How to Start?
From: Hassan KAMAL ALI <hka1968 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 03:19:19 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Folks,

I am from the Middle East and a self-trained technical
writer, as there are no associations or companies to
provide such training.

I joined a software house as their sole Technical
Writer only some days ago. Their system covers a wide
variety of banking services and transactions. A new
module has been developed and I am responsible for
covering the technical communication for it: print and
online documentation.

My request is from where I should start and how and
when I should submit a reasonable time estimate and a
schedule for the entire project until it is released.
Please keep in mind that I have to design a new Word
template for the user manual, and have to get training
on RoboHelp and the banking system as well.

Need your help folks.
Hassan Kamal

http://auctions.yahoo.com/