Alternate for "Printed in" and Duty content of Manuals

Subject: Alternate for "Printed in" and Duty content of Manuals
From: Victoria Leslie <valeslie -at- precidia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 06:53:30 -0400

Good Morning Everyone!

I remember reading this discussion many years ago, but I cannot locate
it in the Archives.

Instead of using "Printed in Country", what do you use for an
alternative for a document that is downloaded from a Web site and may be
printed anywhere in the world?

Created in Country
Published in Country

Also coming down the work pipeline is a request/requirement for "light
duty" and "heavy duty" manuals. Apparently, according to the
requestors, I currently produce "medium duty" manuals. Has anyone ever
heard these terms applied to documentation before? If yes, how and what
was the difference between the three "duties"?

Regards,

Victoria A. Leslie
Technical Writer
Precidia Technologies
e-mail: valeslie -at- precidia -dot- com