Antwort: Survey: how do you use PDFs

Subject: Antwort: Survey: how do you use PDFs
From: Kerstin -dot- Molthagen -at- etas -dot- de
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 09:08:31 +0200

Hi Becca!

Becca Price wrote:

>When you get a document in PDF form, how do you use it? that is,
>do you:

>* read it online
Only if it's less than a page, and only if I am forced to do so.

>* print it out
Yes. I hate reading things online - the screen is always too small to show
as much text at the same time as I like/need. For me, learning from a
manual and reviewing both other people's and my own texts is far easier
when I have a heap of paper on my desk.

>* read it online and print out only sections of the document
Depending on the task at hand, I print out single chapters or sections, but
I don't read the rest online.

[...]

>So: if you use PDFs, how do you format them? maintaining the
>paper doc metaphor or more for online use?
So far, all the documents we produce maintain a paper-based layout, but,
like Sean, we use hypertext very frequently.
Ciao,
Kerstin