RE: Word 97 to Word 2000

Subject: RE: Word 97 to Word 2000
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 09:43:55 -0500

In our previous episode at 09:12 AM 5/3/01, Jane Carnall wrote:

>3. Manually number lists.

Or, I suppose, set up a SEQ field for EVERY SINGLE NUMBERED LIST. No, I am
not hysterical. Why do you ask?

It's not that bad, honest. One of the SEQ options is a "restart at designated number" switch. So what you do is create two autotext entries: One with the number that starts at one, and one with the number continuing from the previous one. Then you can use the same SEQ field throughout the document. And you can use a different SEQ field for each different level of numbering.

This gets frustrating for lots of nesting, but it works fine for a 1, 2, 3, a, b, c types of levels.

--
Beth Friedman / bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from."