RE: Word 97 to Word 2000

Subject: RE: Word 97 to Word 2000
From: Scott Turner <sturner -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 08:43:15 -0500

Bryan Westbrook's comment:

"Wait until you see what they've done to numbered lists. Even after
multiple
page and section breaks, a new numbered list will try to pick up the
numbering where the previous list left off. No matter how many times you
fix it (and often it takes several attempts to do so), the next time you
change something in the list, it will revert back."

Kathy Mizell's comment:

"Thanks for letting me I'm not the only one this is happening too. Was
beginning to think I messed up the format of the style. Whew!"

I fight with this, as well. Has anyone found a go-around??

Yeah, two of them.

1. Don't migrate to Word 2000.
3. Manually number lists.
2. Don't use Word.
4. Create your own list numbering using VB for applications.

Microsoft has no reason to fix this. It probably won't be fixed in Office XP either.

But you can always hope.

Scott