RE: Documentation Review Strategies

Subject: RE: Documentation Review Strategies
From: Paul Hanson <PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:23:50 -0500

I think I wrote about this before, but I haven't seen anyone mention it.

For one of the projects I worked on, I called a meeting to go over my
document. The reviewers were expected to have reviewed the document prior to
the meeting. I began the meeting by saying that this meeting is about
"content" and that style/grammar issues were not going to be discussed. We
went around the table and each person said something like, "On page 23, I
thought the code XYZ had to be set up to make this work" to which someone
else said, "Well, not necessaryily. The client should set up code XYZ if
they purchased 123 option. If they don't have option 123, then they don't
need XYZ." The information exchange was beneficial to everyone.

Paul

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.