RE: Making them read the documentation -- "alliterates"??

Subject: RE: Making them read the documentation -- "alliterates"??
From: michelle -dot- black -at- sickkids -dot- ca
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:16:14 -0400

David Locke wrote:

<<Some of the calls are coming from alliterates. Get used to it. Referencing the
manual will not make these callers go away.>>

While I agree with your point, might I request that people on the list be
careful about the terms we use to describe our readers? As someone who
works with those "alliterates" (sic), I take great offence to this kind of
labelling. Given that our job as technical writers is to meet users'
needs, then shouldn't we also respect those needs, and the people behind
them?

My $0.02,

Michelle Black

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.