Tech writing to Marcom: Help

Subject: Tech writing to Marcom: Help
From: "Jane Bergen" <jbergen1 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:33:23 -0500

I just learned that my department is going away...well, the
development end of it is anyway. They're "transitioning" me into
marketing communications. While I'm thrilled that they're not just
laying me off, I'm pretty apprehensive about the whole thing. I've
played around with some MarCom projects in the past, but not in any
official capacity.

I don't have all the details yet, so I'm not sure exactly what I'll be
doing, but I'd like to do some self-educating. Does anyone have any
advice (quitting is not an option)? Suggestions for books or articles
to read? I'm going to the STC Conference in Chicago, but according to
the conference guide there are only four sessions that apply strictly
to marketing.

Thanks,

Jane
jbergen1 -at- earthlink -dot- net