RE: advice needed: client problem

Subject: RE: advice needed: client problem
From: "Mary Deaton" <mmdeaton -at- mmdeaton -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:01:12 -0700

I agree with Scott. You have to be specific UPFRONT in the contract about
reviews and sign-offs. He has to pay you. You did the work and were given no
indication at all that there was a problem with it. Bill him and don't work
for him again.

I give the client a task list with every single task indicated, along with
who is responsible for the task, what has to happen for the task to be
accepted, and a change control process that must be followed. Sure, it
sounds nit-picky, but not when the deadline is approaching and the client
suddenly wants to change everything.