Re: Conference Proceedings

Subject: Re: Conference Proceedings
From: iluvvscotties -at- earthlink -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:48:16 -0400

At 07:27 AM 04/16/2001 -0700, Amy Dohlman wrote:

are the published "Proceedings" a sort of acceptable substitute?

I've never been to an explicitly techwriting conference. However, the technical conferences I've attended were all phenomenal, and I can't sufficiently recommend them. It is an unsurpassed opportunity to meet other people in your field, learn exciting new techniques and technologies, etc.

In each instance, although the printed proceedings were a pale substitute, they were nonetheless invaluable. At the conferences I've attended, each also included the name, address, and telephone number of the author, so you could easily contact him if any questions arose. (PO Boxes are inexpensive should you not wish to publish your home address.)

Build Contents, Indexes, and Search for Web Sites and Help Systems Available 4/30/01 at http://www.devahelp.com or info -at- devahelp -dot- com