RE: Technology in the hands of infidels

Subject: RE: Technology in the hands of infidels
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:56:32 -0400

According to your analysis, it sounds as if the streaming video, vcr,
cd-rom, and book publishing industries were started in response to a demand
by pornographers for better distribution media. I do not concur. These were
all developed for much higher purposes, but the pornographers were probably
the first ones to perfect the use of the technology, and to make a fast buck
on it.

I am not, and never will be a pornographer, but I do have to grudgingly give
them respect for recognizing a good idea and being brave enough to push it
to the limits. And like it or not, they have a pretty good track record of
paving the way.

Just wait until Smell-a-Vision (already being posited!) and Feel-o-Rama make
THEIR debuts! Who do you think will be first on those technologies???? But
that doesn't mean the bad guys are demanding it - they just exploit it like
they do everything (and everyone) else.

John