RE: European tech writing conferences

Subject: RE: European tech writing conferences
From: "Groenewege, Maaike (Maaike)" <mgroenewege -at- lucent -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:58:38 +0200

Hi Darren

One conference that I can absolutely recommend is the Forum conference for
technical communicators. This is held every five years, each time in another
European country. I visited the one in London last year, and got a wealth of
information from it. Unfortunately, the next one is held in 2005, so you'll
have to wait a while. More information on www.istc.org.uk (click Forum
2000).

Also, the European STC-chapters regularly organize meetings. The France
chapter, for instance, throws a birthday party in Paris on April 21st, and
they've invited some speakers too. For more information about the European
STC chapters, you can visit www.stc-europe.org.

Coming weekend, INTECOM organizes a colloquium in Brussels about technical
communication.

Finally, although this is not very usable for you, I'd like to point at RTFM
Digest, an all Dutch mini-conference that takes place on May 11th.

Also, check out the Techwhirl resources, I think there's quite a number of
European discussion groups listed there. Most of them are either in English,
or bilingual. And if you like more information about professional
organizations in Europe, feel free to contact me.

As you can see: plenty things to do over here :-)

Best regards,

Maaike (who has just become vice president of the Dutch STC chapter).

=====================
Maaike Groenewege
Customer Information Developer
Lucent Technologies
Hilversum
The Netherlands

Subject: European tech writing conferences
From: Darren Barefoot <Darren -dot- Barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:00:53 +0100

Hi,

Having recently relocated to Dublin, I'm curious about any technical writing
conferences that may be taking place either in the UK or on the continent. I
referred to the STC's pages with little success, so I thought I'd ask here.
Does anybody know of any conferences? Have you attended any and how did they
rate? Thanks. DB.